Wednesday, February 28, 2007

End-of-the-Month Update

Writing

The demands of real life, plus the fact that February is a shorter month, kept me from reaching my goal again this month. For a while there it looked like I wasn't going to come anywhere close, but then I had a good last week. As it stands now I'm 80 pages behind the pace I wanted to maintain. I can't make up that much in a month's time, but I'm hoping that I can whittle down the deficit some in March.

Reading

I read eight books in February:

MOMENT OF TRUTH, Lisa Scottoline
SEASON OF THE MACHETE, James Patterson
THE AVENGER #12: THE FLAME BREATHERS, Kenneth Robeson (Paul Ernst)
THE TWO MINUTE RULE, Robert Crais
LUCKY AT CARDS, Lawrence Block
THE BLONDE, Duane Swierczynski
THE GUARDS, Ken Bruen
THE CASE OF THE SLEEPWALKER'S NIECE, Erle Stanley Gardner

I'll probably have some comments about the Perry Mason book to post tomorrow. Normally I read more than I've been managing this year.

Movies

I watched four movies this month: CRANK, GRIDIRON GANG, AMERICAN PIE: BAND CAMP, and LOVEWRECKED. I think I can do better than that.

2 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I'm way behind on my reading for the eyar, too. Only around 10 or 12 books so far. One of them was a keeper: The Killers, by an up-and-comer named Mike Jameson.

James Reasoner said...

Thanks, Cap'n. I should find out soon whether or not there'll be any more books in that series.