Monday, July 31, 2006

Medical Update

I went back to the ophthalmologist today for my follow-up appointment after my eye surgery a couple of weeks ago, and the news was generally good. He didn't see any more tears in my retina, and the one he repaired looks fine. He gave me the all-clear to resume my normal activities, with the exception of using a jackhammer or a tiller. I have to hold off on that for a couple more weeks. I think I'll be able to manage that. (I actually have used both a jackhammer and a tiller in my life, but not lately.) The eyestrain that I've been having occasional problems with is just that, eyestrain, and nothing to do with my retinal problem. I'll have to find ways to combat that on my own. Given the shape of my eyeballs and the fact that I've already had one retinal tear, statistically I'm at greater risk than normal for future problems, so I'll have to continue to be aware of that, but it's possible I'll never have any more trouble with it. That's what I'm hoping.

5 comments:

mybillcrider said...

I'm hoping the same, James. By the way, I've used jackhammer, but not a tiller.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Good news all around!

Cap'n Bob said...

Boat tiller or farm tiller? Wait tiller sun shines, Nellie. Tiller there was you. Tiller the twelfth of never.

James Reasoner said...

Farm tiller. I'm not a boat kind of guy. Of course, I'm not really a farmer, either . . .

Juri said...

Nice to hear you're better, James!