Friday, February 11, 2005

Writing and Reading

It occurs to me that I've said almost nothing lately about my own writing. Well, as you may have guessed, I'm still at it. I work nearly every day (I've taken one day off so far this month, and that day I read some work-related stuff), and most days I'm producing between 4000 and 5000 words. If I keep this up I should hit a million words this year. I honestly don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. A wise man once told me, "The bad thing about writing is that it cuts into your reading time." That is all too true. I'd read a book a day if I had the time. Recently, though, I've been doing good to read a short story. But I've been through these slumps before and know that if I just wait it out, I'll find the time to read more.

No comments: