Monday, October 24, 2011

A Million Words and Counting

I've been so busy lately that a little milestone slipped past me last week without me noticing.  On Thursday I passed a million words of fiction written this year, hitting that level for the seventh year in a row.  I have no idea how long this streak will continue, but I intend to keep it up as long as I can.  Thanks as always to Livia, Shayna, and Joanna, whose help is immeasurable, to the editors who have faith and give me the opportunity, and mostly to the readers who keep buying the books.  Without all of you, I'm just a guy sitting in a room typing.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on another milestone. Keep 'em coming!

Steve M said...

As long as you are writing them, I'll be ready them :)

Chris said...

Fantastic, James.

Adventuresfantastic said...

Congratulations. That's an achievement. Keep up the good work.

Walker Martin said...

Great news James. You are carrying on the tradition of those excellent pulp authors that we like to read and talk about.

Charles Gramlich said...

I hate to say how many you are ahead of me!

Jack Badelaire said...

My brain just exploded thinking about this...

Randy Johnson said...

As they say, keep 'em coming.

Rick said...

Congratulations. Mind boggling---7 years in a row.

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

A huge inspiration for wannabe fiction writers like me. Many congratulations, Mr Reasoner!

Rittster said...

Great!

pattinase (abbott) said...

What a great achievement. Congratulations!

Cap'n Bob said...

Makes my 387 look pretty weak by comparison. You are amazing, incredible, and inspiring.

WV: waint. Texas for we ain't.

Richard Prosch said...

Good work! You're charging a buck a word, right?

Ed Gorman said...

I don't know how you do it. Especially since it's all so damned GOOD!

George said...

You will never just be a guy in a room typing, James! I've been reading your work for decades and I admire your productivity and your wonderful quality control. You've gained a loyal readership. You keep writing 'em and we'll keep reading 'em.