Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Writer at Work, Maybe


Although knowing me, I'm just as likely to be checking email or playing chess as I am actually producing any pages. I'll try to post another picture once I get the rest of the room filled up with books.

Actually, this was my first full day working in the new office, and I had a better day than I'd been having elsewhere. Writers get funny things in their heads. I was convinced it would help to be facing north again, with a window over my right shoulder, just like it was in my old studio. We'll see.


7 comments:

Mark Terry said...

Based on your output, I'm a little skeptical about your claim to be reading blogs or surfing the web. :)

David Cranmer said...

I'm sometimes easily distracted with GNU WinBoard chess. It's an older version I have but still impossible to beat.

Anonymous said...

I thought it looked a little sparce...

Does it really matter whether the window light comes over your right or left shoulder? Do you spend a lot of time looking out the window when you should be writing?

Charles Gramlich said...

It's a little bigger than Howard's writing room but about the same level of austere.

James Reasoner said...

It doesn't really matter where the light comes from or which direction I'm facing. I know that logically, because I've written successfully in all sorts of settings. But sometimes I think writers are as superstitious as ballplayers, and I'm definitely set in my ways.

James Reasoner said...

By the way, the plans are to have both walls lined with bookshelves. I'll also have a real desk and a recliner and a good reading light. But one step at a time, and while all that is in the works, I can still be turning out some pages.

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I'm envious - what a cool shaped room.