Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Update and Thanks

I appreciate the words of concern for my dad from Bill and Aldo below, as well as from those who emailed me directly. Aldo, my thoughts are with you and your family, too, and I'm glad you were able to pass some difficult time with TEXAS WIND.

My dad came home from the hospital this evening. Things were pretty dicey Monday, but he bounced back quickly and while his long-term outlook is not very good, there was no real reason to keep him in the hospital.

Earlier in the afternoon I was able to grab an hour and work a little. The current project isn't coming along very fast, but it'll get there.

Having finished the Parker book early this morning, I'm between books at the moment and in that frustrating state where I don't know what I want to read next. There are plenty of choices, I just can't work up any enthusiasm for any of them. When I get like this I usually read short stories for a few days until the mood passes and I'm ready for a novel again.

No comments: