Sunday, July 04, 2004

I forgot to explain yesterday why this blog has the name that it does. "Rough Edges" refers primarily to the untrimmed edges of pulp magazine pages (see, I told you I was a pulp fan). It was also the name of my first apazine when I was a member of the Robert E. Howard United Press Association (hereinafter known as REHupa). I'm currently a member of PEAPS, a pulp-oriented apa (amateur press association), and my zine there is called "Rough Edges Revisited".

I hope everyone had a good Fourth of July. In the Reasoner household it was quieter and more peaceful than yesterday, but also very unproductive. I read a little research material and tried to write a Western outline but couldn't come up with anything I liked. Workaholic that I am, a day like this drives me mad. I need pages!

Still reading that Max Brand novel, but I should finish it tonight.

No comments: